- 1940 - Born.
- 1951 - Began training Wing Chun under Yip Man.
- 1955 - 1959 - Lived with Yip Man. Helped teach Bruce Lee.
- 1957 - Won the kung fu elimination contest in Hong Kong, defeating opponents with many more years experience.
- 1959 - Moved to Australia to pursue academic career.
- 1965 - Started the First Wing Chun kung fu club at the Australian national University at Canberra.
- 1969 - Finished university studies.
- 1974 - Founded Australian Wing Chun Academy in Melbourne, and Australian Kung Fu Federation, of which he is chairman.
- 1978 - 1980 - Chief Instructor to the U.S. Seventh Fleet based in Yukosuka, Japan. In charge of the intensive program of close quarter combat for the marines.
- 1982 - His students won both the heavyweight and middleweight divisions in the World Invitation Kung Fu Championships held in Hong kong.
- 1983 - BLACK BELT Hall of Fame Award as Kung Fu Artist of the Year. Wrote "Wing Chun Bil Jee: the deadly art of thrusting fingers."
- 1984 - Set world speed punching record of 8.3 punches per second at Harvard University in Boston.Wrote "Kung Fu butterfly swords."
- 1986 - Wrote "Kung Fu dragon pole."
- 1988 - Wrote "Advanced Wing Chun."